Friday, March 20, 2009

Another moment of front page fame

I thought I would get back in to the swing of sharing life on the farm, and little about life day to day at The Granary WoodShops. www.granarywoodshops.com   I of course don't expect to become the next blogosphere sensation.  In fact don't even expect anyone to read or reply to this nonsense...but nonetheless, there is a lot of life worth sharing, and so I hope to be able to do at least that!  Share a glimpse into my alleged "good life".

How appropo that my first blog entry debuts the same day that my handsome face appears on the front page of the newspaper!!!  Again.  The Spring Grove Herald that is. :)   Yes, today the news hit the street in our small hamlet that "a local boy featured on Big City TV News Program"!!!   So the Spring Grove paper sent out a reporter to report on the news that I was in the news.  Read all about it right here: Spring Grove Herald.

Its Friday, and Lisa spent the first four days of the week in Mpls earning us another few dollars to make it through another week or two!!  Hurray.  I have been very busy in the shop cranking out goods for the upcoming shows and galleries that are waiting for my work.  If you get a chance, I will be in Madison WI next weekend 3/27-29 and Mpls 4/3-5 for the Lake Home and Cabin Show.  Its a fun show for stirring the need in us all to "get to the cabin", or at least get excited about the lazy days of summer ahead.

LOCAL NEWS FLASH
The other piece of noteworthy news found in the paper today?  BOTH, Spring Grove and neighboring Blackhammer Townships votes unanimously, if you can believe that,  this past week to keep the pocket gopher bounty at $2.00.  So we have that going for us!  In case you want to know how you get paid....you must present both the left and right front feet of the gopher at the townhall monthly meeting.  Payments made in cash on the spot.  Two bucks a gopher...hmmmm.  My good friend Larry Wiste is a professional gopher trapper, and I look forward to learning yet another useful skill from this amazing man!

So that's it.  I'll try to start posting a pic or two each time I post, and keep you aprised of interesting times here on the farm and in the Woodshop.  If there is something you want to know more about, see pics of, or hear more from me on...please send me an email!  Thanks, and thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Is the U of M mascot a pocket gopher? Are they ruining people's crops? Why only two bucks? I guess those are questions and not comments. Thanks for writing, it's nice to hear what's new on the farm. Cathye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gopher, I love your new blog comments. Gophers are gophers but nothing can compete with your "skunk" experience which you just have to share with the rest of the world. Also be sure our friends in Fredricksburg are on your address list. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. So blogging away what a nice way to keep people connnected to the country life. Nice to know the simpler life exists still! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete